Whatever the weather!



Have you ever had one of these mornings where you hit the snooze button a good ten times and still hope that you will leave just enough time to get ready, not look like a zombie and catch your train? Well, today was one of these mornings. And for your information, I failed. I woke up exactly 40mins later than usual. It’s not like my alarm did not ring. It did, about seven times.
I could hear the wind dancing in the rain outside, mocking me and daring me to step on this misery open air dance floor.
Yet, It seemed like I was in the mood to play with fire because I secretly enjoyed delaying that moment.

Once I finally realised it was time to face reality, I jumped out of bed and started to get ready. After taking my shower, I took some extra time to review my whole wardrobe. Bear in mind at this point, I had 12 minutes left. Although I could feel the pressure, I decided to try 4 different outfits to end up wearing the first one I had in mind.

And while I was putting some non-waterproof mascara on my lashes, my train was leaving the platform.

“It’s fine, I will get the next one!”

And I did get the next one. The thing with the 7:42 train is that it is quite difficult to catch my connection. I often miss it, but not today. Today, I felt lucky, I had two minutes to change trains.

As soon as the train stopped at my station, I ran through the doors as if I was racing for my life. The overground was still there, waiting for me, only a couple steps ahead, and, surprisingly, although it was raining, nothing could stop me. I mean, that’s how I felt until my phone decided to slip out of my pocket and attempt suicide. One week old… too young to die… I ran back to pick it up, and as I realised it was broken but alive, I thought I heard his lifeline beeping for a second. Beep beep beep.

Hold on, that’s the train leaving the platform. Without me.

I could have cried at this precise moment. No one would have noticed, it was pouring rain anyway. I started to wonder why I had even bothered wasting my time trying to look nice.

After a long commute, I finally arrived at my destination. It was now past 8:30, I was officially late for work. At least, Poundland was open, so I bought a one-pound-umbrella. Little did I know that this same umbrella would be destroyed in a battle against the triumphant wind a block later.

And this type of mornings, my friends, is why I have come up with such a positive name for my blog.

But failing doesn’t mean you lose, so for the sake of it, I put my headphones on, head up and made my way to the office singing to myself

Dear wind, you wanted me to dance with you? Well, now, sing with me.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s